The Town of Arnprior is strategically located along the four-lane Trans Canada Highway just past the Ottawa border and is the first major stop in the Ottawa Valley. We offer the conveniences of an urban town with the beauty of nature that comes with being Where the Rivers Meet. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team and like to help make a difference in supporting the community, we encourage you to apply for the Accounts Clerk position for which we are currently recruiting.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Finance and Support Services, Deputy Treasurer, the primary responsibilities for the Accounts Clerk position include (but not limited to) the following:
• Administration of the water billing system from meter reading uploads, processing and issuance of billing to tracking receipt of payments;
• Maintenance of water/sewer accounts and preparation of reports or reconciliations related to water billing;
• Troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies in relation to outstanding water billing issues;
• Prepare and reconcile bank statements on a monthly basis;
• Provide back-up relief for Cashier/Receptionists answering incoming calls, responding to public enquiries, processing payments received, balancing cash and creating daily bank deposit; and
• Coordinate purchase of stationary and office supply orders.
The successful candidate will have as a minimum the following qualifications:
• Business diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution;
• Two (2) years of previously demonstrated general accounting work experience;
• Knowledge of accounting procedures as well as their application to a system of general accounts, budget accounts and cost accounts;
• Thorough understanding of the water billing procedures and the general ledger;
• Proficiency in computer skills including the utilization of accounting, word processing, spreadsheet and database applications; and
• Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Prior work experience in a Municipal government and continued education through AMCTO is considered an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by 3:00 PM (local time) on Monday October 12, 2020 to Jennifer Glofcheski, Human Resources Officer by:
Mail: Town of Arnprior
105 Elgin St. W.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email Jennifer Glofcheski at email@example.com. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. The Town is committed to maintaining an equitable work environment and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants