To apply for this job please visit glasshousebotanics.ca
Working under the direction of a Team Leader, Cultivation Team members will be performing tasks at different stages of the growing process from seed to harvest. Activities include pruning, inspection, trimming, transplanting, defoliation, cleaning, etc.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting tasks as per plant movement, transplanting, inspection, fertigation, harvest schedules as directed by the Team Lead.
- Sanitation activities, cleaning of rooms, tools and other materials.
- Support with housekeeping tasks.
- Inventory of plants as required.
- Communicate with Team members and Team Lead efficiently and in a timely manner to ensure tasks are completed.
- Recording completed tasks to ensure traceability and compliance with regulations.
- Operate machinery as required (e.g., trimmer).
Members of the Cultivation team are expected to:
- Follow and enforce all regulatory requirements under the Cannabis Act and Regulations as well as GlassHouse Botanics Standard Operating Procedures.
- Document activities and ensure all production and traceability records are completed as directed by the Team Lead.
- Support the Team Lead to help manage plant scheduling and organization to accurately plan daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Above all else, a positive attitude!
- A good, strong work ethic
- A complete team player
- Willingness to learn new techniques and follow direction
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to adapt to change
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with all types of personalities
- Basic knowledge and understanding of computers
- Ability to document activities
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and follow the Cannabis Regulations and GlassHouse Botanics’ procedures.
Education & Experience – a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Horticultural program or bachelor’s degree in agriculture sciences is an asset.
- Experience within the industry and/or greenhouse environment is an asset.
- 2 or more years of commercial grow experience or practical commercial greenhouse growing experience is considered an asset
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, and air flow is an asset.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi is an asset.
- Previous experience working in trim and harvest is an asset.
Conditions of employment: All applicants being considered for employment will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to hire. Must be 19+ with the ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP security clearance throughout your employment. Initial screening (Medical examination) of staff may be required. Annual examination may be required annually thereafter.
Job Specific Demands: Applicants must be fit and able to lift 50 lbs comfortably. Applicants must be flexible to work variable shifts and have reliable transportation. Hours are full time but may include weekends or evenings, depending on production needs. Some tasks require standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
Our Environment: Plants like heat and humidity. To be successful in this position you need to be comfortable working in an enclosed environment with high heat and humidity, wear protective clothing, hair covering and other Personal Protective Equipment.