Welcome to the Roadhouse, re-invented. We’re about fresh ingredients prepared in-house, always indulging outrageously, and never letting a road trip become a guilt trip. We’re about making every journey better and every plate a delicious one.
Ready to hit the road at the Original Roadhouse?
PETAWAWA Is Now Hiring for a General Manager
- Responsible for timely progress through the Restaurant Leader Certification Program, taking on additional responsibilities as learning and skill enhancements happen
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the restaurant as directed by the Regional Manager
- Accountable for financials and KPI's
- Develops the ability to effectively run both dining room and kitchen operations and lead all shifts to Brand standard
- Supports the Brand in all aspects of operating a "Benchmark Restaurant”, creating a perfect guest experience every time, while focusing on on-going associate development
- Minimum 2 years hospitality industry experience in a leadership role
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality or Business Management and/or proven personal commitment to professional development an asset
- Proven success with both people development in leadership positions and long-term sales growth
- Proven ability to achieve results through others
- Demonstrate ability to attract and retain excellent performers and to develop high performing teams
- Strong leadership and communication skills :
- Proven entrepreneurial spirit through having presence "on the floor" and in the community
Leadership Fit Criteria:
- Drive - You are happy, but not satisfied. You keep raising the stakes with your associates, your operation and most importantly, yourself. You are not afraid to take decisive action. This inspires confidence in your associates and helps drive a perfect Guest experience every time.
- Inspiration - You are a new-fashioned leader. You are a collaborator and you build teams that are rich in talent and self-motivation. Your style is not rigid, but flexible, and you can accommodate the styles of others in your own. Most of all, you act with integrity, value diversity and create a contagious passion around pleasing your Guests.
- Anticipation - You can imagine what the future will look like and you can create a vision for growth. This makes you highly proactive. You also understand the business and how things inter-relate, and can manage both the big picture and the smallest detail. You anticipate barriers that lie ahead and this make you more willing to take the appropriate risks.
- Focus - You can set priorities and work fast. You do not fear ambiguity and change, but feel comfortable with both. You can separate what is urgent from what is important while staying agile and adaptable at all times.
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive wages
- A complimentary Management Meal during every shift
- 20% employee discount dining card valid at all Recipe brands
- Growth and advancement opportunities within the restaurant
- Career advancement opportunities in a company that has more than 1,400 restaurants across Canada