Human Resources Coordinator
6 month contract
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator facilitates and coordinates labour relations and employee services for the Corporation, principally in the areas of labour relations, employee relations, policy development, recruitment, training and development, health and safety, workplace safety insurance, and special projects.
- Post secondary education in human resources with a focus on labour relations or related field. Minimum of four years experience in a generalist role performing a wide range of human resource functions, involving unions.
- Training and experience in contract negotiations and grievance administration.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to use utmost tact and diplomacy in somewhat difficult situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in assessing and dealing with a wide range of personalities.
- Skill in using a variety of computer programs.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) an asset.
- Education in municipal government, particularly AMCT training would be considered an asset.
Compensation: $37.64 - $42.96 per hour. No benefits.
Please send your resume, stating competition #20-58 by 4:00 p.m., Thursday, July 9, 2020 to:
Human Resources, County of Renfrew
9 International Drive, Pembroke, ON K8A 6W5
EMAIL: Human Resources (in MS Word or pdf format)