The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent part time Nursing Coordinator.
The Nursing Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of patient care as well as coordination of hospital resources to ensure proper staffing and utilization of hospital beds. He/she acts as resource for all departments, and functions in a leadership role after-hours.
REQUISITE SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Broad clinical skills and experience including Medical/Surgical and Emergency Room settings.
- ACLS, C.P.R. and I.V. Certifications.
- Excellent communication, organizational and team leadership skills to effectively direct staff and co-ordinate the interdisciplinary plan of patient care.
- Demonstrated effective skills in the provision of family support integral to provide client-centered care.
- Familiarity with a unionized setting and staffing practices will be considered strong assets.
- Nursing leadership courses or evidence of continuing learning an asset.
- Ability to work independently and to perform duties in the physical demands of work area.
Our culture is a team based, positive and collaborative one, so we are looking for a candidate with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills who can provide support in this environment.
Named the ‘Most Welcoming Town 2017’, the Town of Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life including a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, Renfrew is situated only minutes away from pristine waterways, woodlands and forests, with the amenities of Ottawa close at hand.
Reference ID: 20-96
Application Deadline: 2020-10-16
Expected Start Date: 2020-10-26
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $46.66-$51.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Full Posting on INDEED