The Ontario Winter Games (OWG) Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the 2022 Renfrew County Ontario Winter Games, which includes liaising with the Games Organizing Committee (GOC) and the community, managing the Transfer Payment Agreement with the Government of Ontario, as well as the relationship with the Games Ontario Consultant.
- A University or College Degree in Sports Management, Business Administration, Recreation or a related discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience working with a wide range of industry, business and services within multiple sectors, and government agencies.
- Experience in progressive senior management, preferably relating to major competitive sporting events.
- Experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors and committees, including First Nations organizations.
- Entrepreneurial with proven sales, marketing, risk analysis and administrative experience.
- A strong knowledge of coordinating a high volume of volunteers.
- Organizational development, change agent and corporate restructuring experience.
- Project management, legal aspects of contracts, statistics and incremental analysis experience.
- Financial accounting, financial statements preparation and forensic financial analysis experience.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and be flexible.
- Computer fluency with current corporate best practices.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills required (Bilingualism considered an asset)
- Valid drivers’ license and immediate accessible transportation.
Compensation: $28.23 - $32.19 per hour.
Please send your resume, stating Competition #21-11 by 4:00 p.m., Thursday, February 18, 2021 to:
Human Resources, County of Renfrew
9 International Drive, Pembroke, ON K8A 6W5
EMAIL: Human Resources (in MS Word or pdf format)