Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources Services, the HR Assistant provides a wide-ranging administrative support to members of the Human Resources team. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the effective day-to-day operations of the department, including entering and maintaining employee data in the HRIS system, preparing employee correspondence and maintaining employee files and records
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Enter and maintain employee records in the HRIS system;
- Draft employment-related correspondence and create and maintain employee records;
- Provide recruitment support which includes scheduling and administrating candidate’s skills assessments and interviews;
- Assist in the administration of assigned HR programs, policies and procedures including running reports, performing QA of data, scheduling meetings and coordinating program logistics and research;
- Responsible for the acquisition of office supplies;
- Filing and maintaining an organized and accurate filing system within the HR Department;
- Respond to correspondence received in Human Resources Corporate Inbox;
- Open all incoming mail and courier received in the HR Department; process and distribute as appropriate;
- Researching archived documents, school records and registers in order to provide requested information from former students when required;
- Record minutes at meetings when required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Human Resources Management certificate or diploma program
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience in a Human Resources environment;
- Proficient knowledge and ability in computer software applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, databases and applications used for human resources;
- A team player with a composed, discreet, professional manner; excellent organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to multi-task under pressure and meet deadlines with a minimum amount of direction;
- A demonstrated ability to use independent, sound judgment and quick response/action for situations which may arise;
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and research skills;
- Self-directed, detail-oriented and dependable;
- A working knowledge of the various applicable legislations and research tools;
- Ability to respond to a changing environment, work assignments and potentially, hours of work;
- A commitment to continuing education and life-long learning.
CLOSING: All interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume including details of qualifications, experience and professional references.
Applications sent directly to the schools or to Human Resources will NOT be considered.
It is imperative that all new applicants to the Board submit an ORIGINAL current, satisfactory Vulnerable Screening Criminal Background Check prior to commencement of employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that interviews will be scheduled via personal email (external applicants) or Board email (internal applicants).
RCCDSB– Is committed to barrier-free selection processes and therefore if contacted for this position or testing, you should advise the HR Department in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.