GlassHouse Botanics Inc, a licensed Cannabis producer, is looking to hire Sanitation Technitions for our daytime shifts (generally 7am to 3:30pm, certain days may be 8am to 4:30pm). Working under the direction of a Team Leader, the sanitation technicians will play a key role in ensuring that our compliance standards are met throughout our facility.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Sanitation activities, cleaning of rooms, tools and other materials. This work can be physically challenging and requires you to move in tight spaces, climb ladders and some elevated temperatures
- Communicate with Team Lead efficiently and in a timely manner to ensure tasks are completed
- Recording completed tasks to ensure traceability and compliance with regulations
- Operate machinery as required (eg. Steamer, Fogger, Floor cleaner)
- Work in conjunction with the maintenance team as required
- Follow and enforce all regulatory requirements under the Cannabis Act and Regulations as well as GlassHouse Botanics Standard Operating Procedures
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in sanitation or in a manufacturing environment considered an asset
- Experience working in an environment regulated by Health Canada also considered an asset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to adapt to change
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with all types of personalities
- Ability to document activities
- Ability to read, understand and follow the Cannabis Regulations and GlassHouse Botanics’ procedures
Conditions of employment:
All applicants being considered for employment will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to hire. Must be 19+ with the ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP security clearance throughout your employment. Initial screening (Medical examination) of staff may be required. Annual examination may be required annually thereafter.
Job Specific Demands:
Applicants must be fit and able to lift 50 lbs comfortably. Applicants must be flexible to work variable shifts and have reliable transportation. Hours are full time but may include weekends or evenings, depending on production needs. Some tasks require standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
Plants like heat and humidity. To be successful in this position you need to be comfortable working in an enclosed environment with high heat and humidity, wear protective clothing, ear coverings in certain room, hair covering and other Personal Protective Equipment.
Job Type: Full-time