To apply for this job please visit glasshousebotanics.ca
The successful Team Lead will be required to learn, teach and implement SOP compliance among the Cultivation team, in compliance with all Health Canada Regulations and Glasshouse Botanics policies and procedures.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervision of the Cultivation Team.
- Training and managing the Cultivation Team under the direction of the Assistant Grower and Head Grower,
- Leading by example, including all aspects of growing, from propagation to destruction, sanitation to record keeping and exceptional hygiene practices,
- Responsible for overseeing production demands, following established procedures and health and safety policies and procedures,
- Work closely with the Quality department to identify deviations, plant needs, determine the need for and implement as needed actions to maintain the success of the crop,
- Sanitation activities,
- Follow and enforce health and safety policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to identify and diagnose pests, molds/mildews and plant deficiencies
- Ability to lead, communicate and train a team
- Attention to detail
- Experience with plants and understand nutrient systems and plant structure
- Understanding of cloning, seed propagation and genetics is desired
- Willingness to learn new techniques and ability to adapt to change
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to deal with all types of personalities
- Ability to read, understand and follow the Cannabis Regulations and GlassHouse Botanics’ procedures.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma, G.E.D or equivalent required.
- Diploma and/or bachelor’s degree in Botany / Horticulture / Agriculture is considered an asset
- Supervisory experience.
- At least one year of previous greenhouse/cannabis experience.
- Knowledgeable on nutrient management programs for cannabis, diseases, pest control, ventilation and in general monitoring of the health of the plants.
- Pesticide Applicator License and knowledge on climate control systems considered assets.
- Strong computer skills considered an asset.
- Capable of multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
- Training experience.
- Demonstrated initiative, responsibility, intuition and leadership.
Conditions of employment:
All applicants being considered for employment will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to hire. Must be 19+ with the ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP security clearance throughout your employment. Initial screening (Medical examination) of staff may be required. Annual examination may be required annually thereafter.
Job Specific Demands:
Applicants must be fit and able to lift 50 lbs comfortably. Applicants must be flexible to work variable shifts and have reliable transportation. Hours are full time but may include weekends or evenings, depending on production needs. Some tasks require standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
Plants like heat and humidity. To be successful in this position you need to be comfortable working in an enclosed environment with high heat and humidity, wear protective clothing, hair covering and other Personal Protective Equipment.